We are happy to announce that the Palm Springs Villagefest is returning on July 1, 2021. The year-round Thursday night event has been canceled since March 19, 2020, and we sure have missed that polish sausage from Dogs on the Run!
VillageFest takes place in downtown Palm Springs on Palm Canyon Drive every Thursday night. The street closes down to vehicular traffic and it is transformed into a festive street fair full of food, entertainment, art, jewelry, and more. For the last 30 years, thousands of Coachella Valley’s residents and visitors flock to the event to soak in the lively scene.
The event is run by the Palm Springs VillageFest Board who are appointed by the Palm Springs City Council and serve for a three-year term. With the reopening of California on June 15th, the council has worked hard to ensure safety measures are in place during the festival.
During the summer, VillageFest hours of operation run from 7-10 PM. There will be over 180 vendors to explore but here’s our list of must-visit booths:
- Aspen Mills Bread Co. – grab that Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- Eden’s Kitchen – for that authentic Ethiopian meal
- Elene Bulatova Fine Art – A colorful, contemporary art exhibit
- Lord of Cello – a mind-blowing musical experience
- Nova Albion Trading – for unique windchimes & bird feeders
- Robertson Roasted Almonds – get those roasted pecans
- The Biscotti Lady – you can’t miss this taste of Italy
July 1st also kicks off the return of Fourth of July Events in the Coachella Valley. Many of the fireworks are still canceled this year but you can find a full list of Fourth of July Events happening on the Greater Palm Springs Website. The Agua Caliente Resort and Casino in Rancho Mirage will be setting off fireworks on July Fourth, Palm Springs will be hosting a Waterpalooza and Laser show, and you can even take a hot air balloon ride at the Spotlight 29 Casino!
Other noteworthy events happening in July:
- The Palm Springs Art Museum will be offering free admission every Thursday night between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. (Don’t forget to visit Marilyn – a 26-foot-tall likeness of Marilyn Monroe recently installed outside the museum!)
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – the world’s largest rotating tramcar- is the perfect way to beat the July heat. Reserve your tickets now, they’re selling out fast!
- Head to the High Desert for Mon Petit Mojave – an outdoor drive-in concert experience boasting some of the Valley’s best musical acts.
- Taste of Summer Rancho Mirage – With the purchase of a $10 Taste of Summer wristband, patrons will be able to enjoy $5, $10 & $15 special offers at participating Rancho Mirage restaurants during the promotion.
There is never a shortage of things to do here in the Coachella Valley and if you are eager to learn more, we are happy to help! Head to https://bradschmett.com/ to take a deeper dive into Palm Springs living.